430 MW natural gas-fueled combined cycle project in eastern PJM
APV was retained by a special purpose company majority-owned by two major private equity firms to repower a 450 MW coal and oil-fired power generating plant in southern New Jersey. The existing plant will be converted to an approximately 430 MW natural gas-fueled combined cycle project. APV led the overall redevelopment effort, including selecting the new prime mover, negotiating the key project agreements and assisting the owners in identifying potential investors in the repowering project. The project will commence construction in 2018.
- Reported to Owner’s Board
- Managed all legal and technical advisors
- Managed application and receipt of all permits
- Negotiated gas supply agreement
- Procured bids and negotiated all equipment and EPC contracts
- Procured and led negotiations for major project agreements, including EPC and equipment bids